Tuesday, February 15, 2011
MIA & Menu Tuesday
I made this recipe last night for dinner and had forgotten how much I LOVE it! My children even gobbled it up. (I was shocked.) There are so many yummy flavors that mask the vegetables they didn't seem to mind eating broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms. I love it when that happens! I made apple buttermilk muffins to go along, so the family didn't feel too deprived, and I had a piece of whole wheat toast with organic strawberry spread.
Cheese, Vegetable and Bacon Frittata
(From Cook Yourself Thin on Lifetime)
Calories per serving: 209
6 large eggs
1/4 cup low-fat (1-percent) milk I used Skim Milk
1/4 pound bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
Olive oil spray
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup white onion, diced
1/2 cup asparagus, sliced into 1/2-inch sticks
1 large zucchini, sliced into half-moons I used Broccoli
1/2 cup assorted mushrooms, sliced thinly
1/4 cup tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. Turn broiler on to low setting. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, bacon and grated Romano. Set aside.
2. Heat a medium nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add asparagus and zucchini to pan. Saute 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and freshly chopped basil, oregano and thyme, and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the bottom has set and browned.
5. Place the frittata into the oven and broil until golden and fluffy. Remove from pan and cut into 6 portions.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment